This folder contains correspondence and other documents relating to the business of Sigmund Bergmann, a manufacturer of electrical equipment in New York City, who earlier had worked with Edison in Newark, New Jersey. In 1881 Bergmann formed a partnership with Edison and Edward H. Johnson under the name of Bergmann & Co.
Approximately 30 percent of the documents have been selected. The following categories of documents have not been selected: routine correspondence regarding orders for, and shipments of, telephones; lists of telephones by serial number; receipts concerning telephone orders for Europe; bills. Courtesy of Thomas Edison National Historical Park.