Company Details

Lansden Company

This company was formed in Newark, New Jersey on April 24, 1904, to manufacture and market electric vehicles. Edison acquired a controlling interest in September 1908. He sold his interest to John M. Mack in 1912, and the company went into receivership shortly afterwards. In 1913 the company moved its plant to Allentown, Pennsylvania, and combined with the Mack Truck Company and the Webb Fire Engine Company.