Company Details

Battery Supplies Company

This company was organized in 1903 by former Edison employees James W. Gladstone and Eben G. Dodge to manufacture and sell primary batteries. Edison began litigation in July, alleging patent infringement, and a settlement agreement was signed in November 1904. The company was purchased by the Edison Manufacturing Company in 1905 and officially dissolved in 1908, although its accounts show continued activity through mid-1911.