Edison Storage Battery Company
This company was organized in New Jersey on May 27, 1901, to develop, manufacture, and sell Edison's alkaline storage battery. It produced batteries for mining lamps, train lighting and signaling, submarines, electric vehicles, and other uses. The company had its own research department and sales force, but it also sold batteries through separate sales companies, including the Edison Storage Battery Supply Company and Miller Reese Hutchison, Inc.On June 30, 1932 the company ended its legal existence and became the Storage Battery Division of Thomas A. Edison, Inc. The division was sold to the Electric Storage Battery Company (now Exide Technologies) on July 20, 1960.