Bergmann & Company
This company was the successor to the firm of S. Bergmann, which had been established in the mid-1870s to manufacture electrical equipment. The new company was organized in April 1881 as a partnership between Sigmund Bergmann and Edward H. Johnson. It manufactured electric lighting fixtures, sockets, and other devices used with the Edison system of electric lighting. Edison joined the partnership in September 1882. The company merged with several other Edison companies in 1889 to become the Edison General Electric Company.