Company Details

Edison Company for Isolated Lighting

This company originated as the Bureau of Isolated Lighting of the Edison Electric Light Company. It began operating as a separate company in November 1881. The company sold small generating plants for the lighting of individual homes, factories, and businesses. It was absorbed by the Edison Electric Light Company on December 31, 1886.