Edison Lamp Company
This company began manufacturing lamps during the summer of 1880. Originally known as the Edison Lamp Works, it changed its name to the Edison Electric Lamp Company in early 1881 and became a formal partnership. The partners were Edison, Charles Batchelor, Edward H. Johnson, and Francis R. Upton. In May 1881 the company changed its name to the Edison Lamp Company. A year later it moved its factory from Menlo Park to East Newark (Harrison), N.J. The partnership became a corporation in 1884. The company merged with several other Edison companies in 1889 to become the Edison General Electric Company.