This company was established as a partnership around March 1881. It manufactured dynamos and large electric motors for the Edison electric light system. The partnership became a corporation in January 1884. Near the end of 1885 the company absorbed the Electric Tube Company and the Edison Shafting Manufacturing Company. A year later it moved its factory from Goerck Street in New York City to Schenectady, N.Y. The company merged with several other Edison companies in 1889 to become the Edison General Electric Company.