Company Details

Thomas A. Edison Central Station Construction Department

This company was formed in May 1883 to construct direct-current electric power stations in towns and cities throughout the United States. It was responsible for the construction of thirteen central stations in Massachusetts, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. On September 1, 1884, the construction department was absorbed by the Edison Company for Isolated Lighting, which assumed responsibility for the construction of all central stations in the United States.