Company Details

New York Concentrating Works

This company was incorporated on April 28, 1891, to exploit Edison's ore milling patents and mining property leases. It acquired Edison's leases in Putnam and Rockland counties. However, no milling plant was ever constructed. The company was inactive after 1896. However, it owned about two hundred acres of land on the south side of Dunderburg Mountain on which timber was cut as late as 1912. The company was officially dissolved on April 2, 1924.