Company Details

Edison's Electric Pen and Duplicating Press Company

Edison began marketing his electric pen and duplicating press in September 1876 and the business soon became known as Edison's Electric Pen and Duplicating Press Company. It was originally managed by Charles Batchelor and then by George Bliss, who expanded into Europe, except for Great Britain, which was controlled by the Electric Writing Company. The company's instruments were manufactured initially by Gilliland & Company and then by Western Electric Manufacturing Company, which later took over marketing as well.