Edison United Phonograph Company
This company was organized in New Jersey on February 24, 1890, to manufacture and market phonographs and graphophones outside of the United States and Canada. It had complex stock and contractual relations with Edison, the Edison Phonograph Works, and the International Graphophone Company. The New York banking house of J. & W. Seligman & Company and its associate firms in foreign countries were the bankers and financial agents of the firm. The company entered receivership in the spring of 1894; it was probably dissolved in 1902.