Company Details

Edison and Murray

This company was formed in Newark, New Jersey, sometime between July and October 1873 as a manufacturing partnership between Edison and Joseph Murray by consolidating their former shop known as Murray and Company into the larger Ward Street shop that had been occupied by Edison and Unger, which dissolved in July 1873. Edison and Murray dissolved their partnership on July 13, 1875, although they had agreed to the dissolution in mid-May when Edison took part of the Ward Street shop as his laboratory. Murray continued to manufacture electrical and telegraph instruments and later telephones at the shop.